The following are the official rules ("Official Rules") of the Cumberland North Yarmouth Lions ("CNY Lions") Lions Spring Ca$h Raffle (the “Raffle”) on the CNY Lions website and of offline sales, to which these Official Rules are linked, and for which you are ordering tickets.
A. General Rules:
1. Eligibility: Eligible individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry may purchase raffle tickets for this Raffle. This Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.
Cumberland North Yarmouth Lions members, or their immediate family (household) members, are eligible to enter the drawing; however, they are not entitled to win one of the stated Raffle prizes. Any Cumberland North Yarmouth Lions member, or immediate family (household) member, whose name is drawn prior to all of the stated Raffle prizes being awarded will receive full credit for the club member’s next two season’s membership dues. An exception to this would be if an entrant purchased a Raffle ticket(s) prior to joining the club; in this case the individual(s) would be entitled to win one of the stated Raffle prizes.
2. How to Participate: Follow the instructions provided to fully complete and submit your online order to purchase tickets for the Raffle. You may also purchase a paper ticket from a current CNY Lions member; you can find a list of members here. There is no restriction on the number of times you may order tickets for the Raffle. Online or in-person orders must be received by the entry deadline as specified in section B4b of these Official Rules (the “Entry Deadline”). No orders will be accepted after the specified Entry Deadline unless the Entry Deadline has been extended as permitted by section B4b of these Official Rules.
CNY Lions reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void any and all orders or tickets of an entrant who CNY Lions believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Raffle, or who is otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. The use of automated entry or similar devices to participate or subvert the order process is prohibited and all orders and tickets purchased through such devices are void. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, such entrant will be deemed to be the "authorized account holder" of the e-mail address submitted at the time of order provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., a business, educational institution, etc.) which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof (to CNY Lions satisfaction) of being the authorized account holder may be required by CNY Lions.
3. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning the Prize, as defined in section B4a of these Official Rules, depends upon the total number of raffle tickets sold. There is no limit on the total number of tickets that will be sold for this Raffle.
4. Taxes: The Internal Revenue Service takes the position that no portion of the ticket price will qualify as a charitable contribution for income tax purposes. Moreover, the Internal Revenue Service and the Maine Revenue Services, the jurisdiction in which this Raffle is being conducted, treats the value of prizes won in a raffle as ordinary income for tax purposes.
5. United States Postal Regulations: Entrant hereby acknowledges that he/she is aware that depositing the ticket; or any other material in connection with the Raffle, in the U.S. Federal mail system is a violation of Federal law and may lead to criminal penalties.
6. Electronic Signature & Digital Tickets: Entrant acknowledges that he/she has read the Official Rules of this Raffle, and agrees that by submitting the order form to CNY Lions, he/she will be contractually bound by the Official Rules of this Raffle upon acceptance of the entrant’s order by CNY Lions. Furthermore, the entrant also acknowledges and agrees that by clicking the “Pay” box on the order form and by entering his/her electronic signature on the order form and submitting the order form to CNY Lions, that the entrant will have affixed his/her electronic signature to the order form, certifying that he/she has read the “Official Rules” of this Raffle, and that he/she agrees to be bound by them.
The entrant acknowledges and agrees that all Raffle tickets issued pursuant to this Raffle will be in the form of digital tickets (the “Digital Tickets”), and paper tickets (the "Paper Tickets"). CNY Lions will issue the entrant an electronic receipt for his or her online purchase that will provide reference numbers, which are not the Digital Ticket numbers, but rather a unique number formulated for each unique Digital Ticket number issued to the entrant. Moreover, once the entrant's order has been accepted by CNY Lions, it cannot be cancelled by the entrant. The entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees that all sales are final and that no refunds or exchanges will be issued.
7. Selection of Winner: A Potential winner shall be selected on the Drawing Date, as specified in section B4c of these Official Rules, which may be extended as permitted by section B4c of these Official Rules. Digital Tickets will be printed and combined with Paper Tickets and the winners will be selected by a random selection of all tickets. Each Digital or Paper Ticket has an equal chance of winning. The entrant does not need to be present at the drawing to win. CNY Lions will notify the potential winner, who will be announced as the winner of the Raffle subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules.
8. Qualification of Winner: Potential winners of more than $600.00 will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, Internal Revenue Service form W-9 (W-8BEN for non-US residents), and a Publicity Release, within two days of date of issuance of notification. In the event that the tickets were gifted to a minor, then a parent or legal guardian of the winner must execute and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and Publicity Release on behalf of the winner. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing or these Official Rules, the inability to contact the potential winner within a reasonable time period, failure to return such documents within the specified time period, or the return of a prize or prize items, or a prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and, time permitting, awarding of prize items to an alternate potential winner, at CNY Lions sole discretion, to be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible tickets.
9. Claiming Your Prize: Once the winner is qualified, CNY Lions will coordinate the process of claiming prize items and the delivery of prize items to the winner.
10. Winners Release: Entrant agrees that if he or she is selected as the potential winner, that CNY Lions, (a) shall have the right and permission to use (unless prohibited by law) entrant's name, voice, address (city and state of residence), photograph and/or other likeness for advertising, promotional and/or trade and/or any other purpose in any and all media or format now known or hereafter devised throughout the world, in perpetuity, without limitation and without further compensation, consideration, permission or notification to entrants or any third parties.
11. Disqualified Winner: If CNY Lions, in its sole determination, disqualifies a winner, the winner will not be entitled to any refund of any kind. If the winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner will be selected from the remaining tickets until such time as a qualified winner has been selected.
12. Administration of Raffle: The entrant acknowledges and agrees that decisions made by CNY Lions will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Raffle. CNY Lions reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, terminate or suspend this Raffle (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Raffle (or any portion thereof) and, in the event of termination, at its sole discretion, select a winner from those eligible, non-suspect Digital Tickets and Paper Tickets issued prior to event requiring such termination. CNY Lions reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person and void all associated orders and Digital Tickets and Paper Tickets of any person, without any reimbursement of any kind to any such person, who it believes has tampered with the order process, or any other component of this Raffle whose conduct or actions affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness or proper conduct of this Raffle, or who is in violation of these Official Rules.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS RAFFLE IN ANY WAY, OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS RAFFLE, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CNY LIONS AND/OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT AND RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) AND/OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW.
B. Raffle Specific Rules:
1. Location: This Raffle is being conducted in accordance with the laws of the State of Maine. This Agreement is governed by, and shall be construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maine.
2. Ticket Prices: Tickets are $10.00 each.
3. Winner Notification: The winner will be selected at the Annual CNY Lions Christmas Tree Lighting Celebration, and the entrant does not need to be present to win. The winner will be notified by CNY Lions. The winner's name, and the winning ticket reference number, will be posted on CNY Lions website on or about the Drawing Date, unless otherwise specified on the Main Raffle Page, as defined in section B4 of these Official Rules.
4. Main Raffle Page: The Main Raffle Page is defined as the page from which you begin the ordering process for Raffle tickets. The Main Raffle Page is incorporated into these Official Rules as follows:
a. Prize: The prize package or (if more than one) packages (“Prize” or “Prizes”) for the Raffle are described on the Main Raffle Page, subject to any restrictions referenced there or in these Official Rules.
b. Entry Deadline: The Entry Deadline for the Raffle is as referenced on the Main Raffle Page. However, CNY Lions, at its sole discretion, may, without any notice, penalty, or offer of a refund, and as often as CNY Lions, in its sole discretion, determines to be necessary, extend the Entry Deadline by up to thirty days from the original time and date of the original Entry Deadline by changing the Entry Deadline on the Main Raffle Page to reflect the new Entry Deadline.
c. Drawing Date: The Drawing Date for the Raffle is as referenced on the Main Raffle Page and the time shall be determined by CNY Lions. However, CNY Lions, at its sole discretion, may, without any notice, penalty, or offer of a refund, and as often as CNY Lions, in its sole discretion, determines it to be necessary, extend the Drawing Date by up to thirty days from the original Drawing Date by changing the Drawing Date on the Main Raffle Page to reflect the new Drawing Date.