Open Meeting & Membership Drive Dinner
Interested members of the Cumberland and North Yarmouth communities are invited to come, have dinner as our guest and learn about the Club’s many community activities.
We're pleased that you're interested in Lions. To become a Lion, you must be of legal majority, good moral character and good reputation in your community.
Membership is by invitation. If you're interested in being invited to join an existing Lions club:
- Contact our club and express your interest, download and send this PDF to the Admin, or complete this online Prospective Member Form (below).
- Ask if you can attend a meeting to learn more about the club and its service projects.
- At the meeting, ask about becoming a member.
Fill out this Prospective Member Form, which will be forwarded to our club's Executive Committee.
Why do I need to become a Lion?
When it comes to meeting challenges, our response is simple: We Serve. In 205 countries, in hospitals and senior centers, in regions battered by natural disaster, in schools and in eyeglass recycling centers, Lions are at work, helping, leading, planning and supporting. Because we're local, we can serve the unique needs of the communities we live in. And because we're global, we can address challenges that go beyond borders.
We want everyone to see a better tomorrow. That's why we support sight programs and services including vision screenings, eye banks and eyeglass recycling. Provide eye care services to those at risk of losing their sight. And raise donations through campaigns like SightFirst and Campaign SightFirst II.
We believe everyone deserves a healthy life. From providing health programs that focus on hearing loss to supporting efforts to control and prevent diabetes, we're working to improve the health of children and adults around the world.
We empower the next generation. Whether it's providing volunteer and leadership experiences or sharing a message of peace through our Peace Poster contest, our youth programs invest in the future by reaching out to young people.
We serve local communities – and protect the planet. From performing hands-on service projects to providing emergency assistance, our community and environment programs improve our communities – and protect the environment.
As a Lion’s club member, you can:
- make a difference everyday in your community
- provide support locally or reach out internationally
- grow personally and professionally by participating in our programs, community service projects and events
- have an impact on local and international humanitarian issues
- develop relationships with both local and international community and business leaders
have access to membership discounts and services